On-Site Wastewater

If you have any questions relating to on-site wastewater systems, or wish to lodge a complaint, please contact us on 8256 0333, or send an email to eho@playford.sa.gov.au

Wastewater (sewage) is the used water that goes down drains, sinks, toilets. It may contain human waste, food waste or other material. In rural properties or townships where sewer connections aren’t available, each property must have an on-site wastewater system that can receive and treat the wastewater in a manner that doesn’t cause a risk to the health of humans or the environment. 

Those who live on rural allotments or within the townships of Angle Vale, One Tree Hill and Virginia must rely on an on-site wastewater system to treat and dispose of their wastewater.

If you own, or are looking to buy a property with an on-site wastewater system, understanding the type of system and the correct operation and maintenance requirements associated with it is critically important.

Misuse of an on-site wastewater system can result in potential health risks, additional costs, inconvenience, and possible enforcement by authorities. For information on wastewater systems, please refer to the documents below:

Post: 12 Bishopstone Road, Davoren Park SA 5113 | Visit: Playford Civic Centre, 10 Playford Boulevard, Elizabeth
Decrease font sizeReset font sizeIncrease font size
a great place to live, work and play...